I put several similar haikus together to make a longer poem. It still follows the 5-7-5 rule.Camel (Sharon Hughes, 2010) Beasts of burden yearn… they throw off their heavy load – Drowning in quicksand. A desert ship sways gauchely across sandy seas – Sand storms no bridle. Sand dunes summon her – Quicksand threatens to capsize her – heavy laden Ebbing paths burden a daring passage – water. sandpapery eyes – hope.
- Camels- King of Desert – by NaseemSheikh (environmentdefencer.wordpress.com)
- The Gobi Desert – Baotou, China (travelpod.com)
- My Lovely Camel Humps (confessionsofamadsceinctist.wordpress.com)
- Travel Photography with Reed Hoffman (nikonusa.com)
- Seven Tribes,Seven Generations (itslovelyannie.com)
- What does a good Haiku have (wiki.answers.com)